Registration: Up to 12 players per team*:
- Each individual player or team, including coaches/managers (those sitting on the bench) are required to complete registration & pay applicable fees.
- Players may only register for one team. Players will not be allowed to play in the ladies and mixed categories. However players/coaches may coach teams in another category, however we can’t guarantee that these teams won’t be playing at the same time.
- Every team, official & volunteer to complete a registration form.
- In order for a player to qualify to play for their team in any final playoffs, the player concerned must play in at least 1 game prior to the finals, i.e. a player must play at least 1 game in the Saturday rounds.
- Every participant, official & volunteer required to complete a waiver. Download the waiver. This waiver must be signed by every participant, volunteer and official at the U.S. Open Netball Championships. We would prefer to receive these back in advance. Please email copies to USOpen@NetballAmerica.com.All information on the waiver must be completed. If any infomration is missing the waiver will not be accepted and the person may not take the court until all information is completed.
*Teams may register more than 12 players per team, however only 12 players are allowed to be on the bench for any one game.
Awards: Trophies will be awarded to:
- Top ranked team in ladies division I
- Top ranked team in ladies division II
- Top ranked team in the mixed category
Other awards will be given for 2nd and 3rd place teams.
The Netball America Cup will be awarded to the top placed ladies Netball America member team. Current title holder is CANA New York Storm.
Team Spirit Award – To one team in each category who shows outstanding sportsmanship.
Excellence in Umpiring Award – Awarded to a tournament umpire who shows outstanding qualities throughout the tournament.
1) Time: Captains required to toss and report results to both umpires and score desk before start of game. Game times will be determined as registrations are more final.
Teams will be notified when there are 30 secs and 10 secs remaining prior to the start of the game and the end of an interval. At the 10-second warning whistle, teams must move into playing positions for start/re-start of play.
- If a team fails to take the court by the start/re-start of play, Umpire shall penalize for deliberate delaying of play
- If a team fails to take the court within 1 minute of the designated time for start/re-start of play, Umpires shall award the game to the non-offending team.
3 points awarded for a win
1 point for a draw
0 points for a loss / forfeit
In the event of a draw, goal differences will be the first tie breaker rule. Goal difference is calculated by the total number of goals scored minus goals conceded. If a teams points and goal differences are equal, then goals scored will be used as a 2nd tiebreaker with the team scoring the most goals winning. Only finals will have additional time played for draws. Time will be 5 minutes each way for 2 halves. If a 2nd tie occurs then it will be the first team to lead by 2 goals.
3) Categories: 3 categories: Ladies Division I, Ladies Division II and Mixed. Based on the number of entries it will be at tournament organizers’ discretion as to any adjustment to categories and timing of games. Each category will need a minimum of 4 teams. Competition will be round robin.
4) Officials: Umpires and scorers will be allocated to matches by tournament Director of Umpiring according to performance. Umpires are required to have at least a national B grade Netball America badge, unless otherwise approved. International umpires are welcome and may contact us. Umpires will be provided with a tournament umpire uniform to wear.
5) Teams: Players can only register in one category. A mixed team must have a minimum of 1 male player and may have up to a maximum of 3 male players on court. The males will need to spread out (1 as GS,GA; 1 as either C,WA,WD; and 1 as GK,GD). Teams cannot have 2 males playing GS/GA or GK/GD at the same time. Only registered coaches/managers are allowed on the team bench.
6) Scorer/Timer: Each court will have its own individual scoring system and courts will run on a central timer.
7) Injury Time: Due to running a central timer no additional time will be played for injury stoppage.
8) Alcohol Policy: Regulations do not permit possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages in public areas.
9) Tobacco Policy: Smoking tobacco and carrying lit tobacco products is prohibited in all buildings on campus. Smoking must be at least 25 feet of building entrances/exits.
10) Animals Prohibited: Only properly trained & certified service animals are allowed inside.
The decision of the tournament organizers’ shall be final and without appeal.