Match Protocols: Appendix A
Membership: Applies to US Participants Only
To ensure the ongoing growth and development of Netball in America and its membership base – all US participants must be registered members of Netball America. Qualification for the membership US Open rate does not allow for breaks in membership nor does it accept participants who only intend to register as a member in order to participate at the US Open member rate. This is not in the spirit of Netball America membership nor is it fair to those members who pay their yearly membership.
Anyone wanting to participate in the US Open must have membership monies paid by September 30th, 2017 in order to receive the Full Club Member US Open rate. Also, if a club/individual wants to participate and was not a paid member of Netball America in the prior year, then they will pay the non-full club member rate plus membership for the current year. The Non-Full Club member rate also applies to those that do not register their full club as Netball America members and only register US Open participants.
To assist with the development and growth of Netball in America, and in consideration of the additional costs associated with accepting international teams in regards to increased insurance premiums and security requirements, International Teams/Participants will have the following entry requirements:
- To qualify for the International team/individual participant rate, international teams will be required to provide 2 officials – either 2 umpires or 1 umpire / 1 scorer for the tournament and international participants will be required to either umpire or score in order to get the reduced rate. There will be a minimum number of games the officials will need to work.
- If international teams/participants do not want to supply officials then they pay the without official fee rate.
Refundable Team Deposit:
All teams will be required to pay a $100 deposit. This will be refundable at the end of the tournament (within 15 days), providing the following conditions are met:
– Teams do not foreit any games
– International teams provide the officials as stipulated in the rules
– Teams do not damage any of the equipment, championship hotel or venue
Venue: The tournament will be held on 4 indoor courts at the following location:
Orlando Sports Center
6700 Kingspointe Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819
Each court will have its own electronic scoreboard (up on the wall). Each court will also have appropriate seating for registered participants and spectators. Only registered participants may sit in the team benches courtside.
The event will be streamed live and the matches streamed will be from Court 1. We have made every attempt to ensure teams get at least 1-2 games streamed from court 1. Teams and score updates will be posted real-time online. Download the Scorestream app. and stay tuned to the US Open facebook page for more information.
- A team may register more than 12 players and more than 5 team officials, however only 12 players and 5 team officials can sit on a bench at one time.
- Each individual player or team, including coaches/managers (those sitting on the bench) are required to complete registration & pay applicable fees.
- Players may only register for one team. Players will not be allowed to play in the ladies and mixed categories, unless it falls under the exception category below and has been pre-approved by the Organizing Committee. However players/coaches may coach teams in another category, however we can’t guarantee that these teams won’t be playing at the same time.
- Every team, official & volunteer to complete a registration form.
- In order for a player/manager/coach to qualify to play for their team in any Sunday playoffs, the person concerned must play/participate on the bench, in at least 1 seeding game on the Saturday , i.e. a player must play at least 1 game in the Saturday rounds, a coach must coach at least 1 game.
- Every participant, official & volunteer required to complete a waiver. Download the waiver here.
- Every participant, official & volunteer required to complete the KissimmeeSports survey. Download the brief survey here.
Awards: Trophies will be awarded to:
- Top ranked team in ladies division I
- Top ranked team in ladies division II
- Top ranked team in the mixed category
Other awards will be given for 2nd and 3rd place teams.
The Netball America Cup will be awarded to the top placed ladies Netball America member team. Current title holder is the Southeast Strikers.
Team Spirit Award – To one team in each category who shows outstanding sportsmanship.
Excellence in Umpiring Award – Awarded to a tournament umpire who shows outstanding qualities throughout the tournament.
First Aid: Masseuses, EMT/medical and qualified sports medicine trainers will be onsite. Teams required to bring own tape to wrap ankle etc. If you ask the trainers to use their own tape there will be a fee of $5 per taping. If someone is required to go to the hospital then a member of their own team should accompany them. Please do not ask any of the Netball America volunteers to transport or stay with someone at the hospital. This is a liability issue. Our medics have access to addresses and phone numbers for the local hospitals, pharmarcy and can also call an ambulance if needed. The medics will also have a supply of bandages etc for sale.
Food: Free water and gatorade provided to participants. Food & beverages will be on sale. Drinks and food are not allowed inside the venue due to vendor contracts. Bags checks may be conducted. The Orlando Sports Center has the right to refuse entry to the facility and fine a participant should any outside food or beverages be bought into the facility.
Netball Clothing & Equipment: Pre-event orders will be available.
All matches played according to International Rules of Netball unless otherwise indicated.
1) Time: Captains required to toss and report results to both umpires and score desk before start of game. Game times will be set closer to tournament.
Teams will be notified when there are 30 secs and 10 secs remaining prior to the start of the game and the end of an interval. At 10-second warning whistle, teams must move into playing positions for start/re-start of play.
- If a team fails to take the court by the start/re-start of play, Umpire shall penalize for deliberate delaying of play
- If a team fails to take the court within 1 minute of the designated time for start/re-start of play, Umpires shall award the game to the non-offending team
3 points awarded for a win
1 point for a draw
0 points for a loss / forfeit
In the event of a draw, goal differences will be the first tie breaker rule. Goal difference is calculated by the total number of goals scored minus goals conceded. If a teams points and goal differences are equal, then goals scored will be used as a 2nd tiebreaker with the team scoring the most goals winning. Only finals will have additional time played for draws. For a final game draw, teams will get 1 min break, no switching of ends, players may switch positions. Time will then be 4 minutes with no breaks. If a 2nd tie occurs then it will be the first team to lead by 1 goal.
If a team doesn’t show up for the Sunday playoffs this team drops to the lowest seed of that pool and all subsequent teams move up one seed in said pool. If a team needs to forfeit a game during the playoffs due to injury/lack of players/sickness/emergency the team they were facing automatically advances or wins the match or any ranking or medal associated with that match. The forfeiting team will lose their $100 team deposit.
3) Categories: 3 categories: Ladies Division I, Ladies Division II and Mixed. Based on the number of entries it will be at tournament organizers’ discretion as to any adjustment to categories and timing of games. Each category will need a minimum of 4 teams. Competition will be round robin.
4) Officials: Umpires and scorers will be allocated to matches by tournament Director of Umpiring according to performance and level. Umpires are required to have at least a national C grade Netball America badge, unless otherwise approved. International umpires are welcome and may contact us. Umpires will be provided with a tournament uniform to wear.
5) Teams: Players can only register in one category. A mixed team must have a minimum of 1 male player and may have up to a maximum of 3 male players on court. The males will need to spread out (1 as GS,GA; 1 as either C,WA,WD; and 1 as GK,GD). Teams cannot have 2 males playing GS/GA or GK/GD at the same time. Only registered coaches/managers are allowed on the team bench.
6) Scorer/Timer: Each court will have its own individual scoring system and courts will run on a central timer.
7) Injury Time: Due to running a central timer no additional time played for injury stoppage.
8) Alcohol Policy: Regulations do not permit consumption of alcoholic beverages in public areas.
9) Tobacco Policy: Smoking tobacco and carrying lit tobacco products is prohibited in building. Smoking must be at least 25 feet of building doorways.
10) Animals Prohibited: Only properly trained & certified service animals are allowed inside.
The decision of the tournament organizers’ shall be final and without appeal.